Design a scarf or tie during general conference with simple outlines and crumpled pieces of tissue paper.
- Print the tie and scarf outlines.
- Cut tissue paper into squares.
- Show children how to scrunch up a tissue paper square and attach with glue to tie or scarf.
- Optional: Make one for each speaker and match his or her tie/scarf color.
Black sharpie or fabric markers
Puppet template printable
- Print the puppet template.
- Trace basic body template on two skin colored felt pieces.
- Trace left and right side of suit coat on black felt.
- Trace shirt box onto white felt.
- Trace tie on any color felt.
- Draw two dots for eyes with a black sharpie or fabric marker.
- Cut out basic hair or cut out hair shape from brown, gray, blonde, black, or white felt.
- Hot glue together including the sides on the puppet. Be sure not to glue the bottom. Leave room for a finger.